Renewables & conservation (Chair: Nic Rivers)
- Christine Koenig, Ontario Sustainable Energy Association. Feasibility of 100% renewables for Ontario.
- Maya Papineau, Katrina Jessoe & David Rapson, Carleton. Measuring Split Incentives in Commercial Electricity Usage.
- Madeleine McPherson & Bryan Karney, U of T. Application of the SILVER model to simple, high variable renewable energy penetration, Ontario-‐based scenarios.
- Samiha Tahseen, Bryan Karney & Jennifer Drake, U of T, Increased hydropower potential at Niagara: A scenario-‐based analysis.
Wind policy (Chair: Madeleine McPherson)
- Margaret Loudermilk, Western. Renewable energy policy and Ontario wind turbine development.
- Martin Heintzelman, Clarkson. Wind energy development and property value.
- Christine Hempel, U of Guelph. Planning in the face of power: a community-‐based model for siting wind energy infrastructure.
Pipelines & people (Chair: Alexandra Mallet)
- George Hoberg, UBC. The New Politics of Energy in Canada: A Case Study of the Energy East Pipeline
- Carol Hunsberger, Western. Energy justice and the case of line 9
- Lorraine Sugar, U of T. Sustainable urban energy systems: a science of cities approach.
Smart electricity (Chair: Adam Fremeth)
- Nic Rivers, U of Ottawa. The effect of in-‐home displays on electricity demand.
- Gord Stephens & Ian Rowlands, U of Waterloo. Policy evaluation of electrical end-‐use intervention analysis methods.
- Mark Winfield, Scott Weiler & Julia Zeeman, York. The emerging world ‘behind the meter’ and its implication for electricity systems.
Energy finance & climate (Chair: Ian Rowlands)
- Alice Dixon, York. Renewable energy co-‐operatives in Canada: A status update.
- Jason Luk, U of T. Impact of non-‐petroleum vehicle fuel economy on GHG mitigation potentials.
- Peter Massie, Carleton. Assessing the electricity cost implications of the Feed-‐in Tariff in Ontario.
2016 Annual Workshop