We are pleased to announce the agenda for the 2019 ONSEP Annual Workshop (see below). The workshop will take place April 29, 2019, 8:30am - 5:00pm, at the Black Creek Pioneer Village, 1000 Murray Ross Pkwy, Toronto. Registration requires a small payment of $50 to cover the catering and location, and is available at Eventbrite. We ask that you please register in advance of the event.
8:30am - Check in and registration
9:00am - Greetings & introductions
9:30am - Electricity (Chair: James Gaede, Waterloo)
- Andrews Acevedo & Joseph Tate, University of Toronto. Modelling Uncertainty of Renewable Generation for Addressing Grid Operation Challenges
- Nathan Lev, York University. Electricity decentralization and grid modernization in Ontario.
10:30am - Refreshment Break
11:00am - Community energy (Chair: James Gaede, Waterloo)
- Rebecca Jahns, Kirby Calvery, Philip Teri & Assim Sayed-Mohammed, University of Guelph. Piloting a renewable energy mapping toolkit.
- Christian Hurtado, York University. Examining the potential and feasibility for blockchain-enabled microgrids in Ontario.
12:00pm - Lunch
1:00pm - Energy efficiency (Chair: Mark Winfield, York)
- Peter Love. York University. New Institutional Models for Energy Efficiency: Transitions energetique Quebec (TEQ) and Energy Efficiency Alberta (EEA)
- Danny Harvey, University of Toronto. Rethinking electric vehicle subsidies, rediscovering energy efficiency.
- James Gaede. University of Waterloo. Understanding the political resiliency of energy efficiency delivery.
2:30pm - Break
3:00pm - Northern energy (Chair: Stephen Hill, Trent)
- Keelia LaFreniere, Carleton University. Renewable Energy Solutions for the Remote Northern Indigenous Community of Moose Factory.
- Joshua Russell, Carleton University. Community preferences for energy self-sufficiency in Moose Factory.
4:00pm - Closing Remarks and Social